Today I’m putting my 15 minute writing challenge into this writers tag. I think I’ve done it once before, but I’m not sure…lol oh well. This year I want to try and keep up with it. Thanks ladies for hosting this!
- How many years have you been writing? When did you officially consider yourself a ‘writer’? I’ve been writing for five year consistently, meaning that I’ve taken time almost every day to write something, even if it’s just in my journal. And so I’ve considered myself a writer for that long, but it wasn’t until I was around 17-18 that I started telling other people about my stories.
- How/why did you start writing? In my pre-teen years it was just for fun, I liked imitating books that I had enjoyed reading, and there were ideas that I would get and would say “Oh this could be a fun story”, but I would never take the time to write it. Then when I was 13 I stumbled upon Nanowrimo and that’s what threw me into serious novel writing.
- What’s your favorite part of writing? Ummm getting ideas is always fun. I like experimenting and trying new things in writing. And I like the challenge.
- What’s your biggest writing struggle? Editing is a pain in the rear. Also I have struggles with taking the time each day to write.
- Do you write best at night or day? For me it’s not really one or the other, it’s really just when I have time or when I’m inspired.
- What does your writing space look like? (Feel free to show us pictures!) …A laptop. LOL! It’s really just wherever I am at the moment, not really one space. 🙂
- How long does it typically take you to write a complete draft? Two months I would say. If I don’t stop half way through to start a new project.
- How many projects do you work on at once? Two to four at a time. Depending on how into a story I’m in. Either I’m 100% into one story, or I’m dabbling on at least three.
- Do you prefer writing happy endings, sad ones, or somewhere in between? Sad ones or in between. I’m a born pessimist, I don’t believe in perfectly happy endings. Most of my endings are bittersweet.
- List a few authors who’ve influenced your writing journey. Honestly it has depended on my age. Right now it’s Kurt Vonnegut , Lemony Snicket, Azar Nafasi, Natalie Goldberg and Pearl.S.Buck.
- Do you let people read your writing? Why or why not? I try to only let certain people read my writing. Just because I’m still a bit shy about sharing it. Also for me, it depends on why I’m sharing it. If I’m sharing it for editing purposes then I’m only going to want to send it to people I know are better writers than me (this doesn’t always happen).
- What’s your ultimate writing goal or dream? To leave behind a mark. To experiment in something. To be known as someone who attributed something new to the world of writing.
- If you didn’t write, what would you want to do? Music. I’d write songs. Eventually I want to balance both novel writing and song writing.
- Do you have a book you’d like to write one day but don’t feel you’re ready to attempt it yet? There are a lot of Historical fiction stories that I feel I need to wait to write, mostly because I don’t have (or choose to have) the time to really get my facts straight about the time periods.
- Which story has your heart and won’t let go? At the exact moment, none. My heart is primarily occupied with being newly married (three weeks yesterday!) I love the short stories I’m editing though.