I decided to do another Top Ten Tuesday tonight. This week the theme is new favorite authors. If you want to read other people’s TTT posts check out the Broke and Bookish’s blog. So here are some new people I’ve read this year.
- Jhumpa Lahiri, The Namesake: I read this book just a couple weeks ago and I really liked it. I’m definitely going to be reading more books by this authoress.
- Scott Westerfeld, Afterworlds: Technically I’ve read one of his books before, but it was such a long time ago I completely forgot. Being able to discover him again with his new book was really great and now I can’t wait to read more.
- Diana Wynne Jones, Howl’s Moving Castle: I heard so much about Howl’s Moving Castle but had never been able to get my hands on it till this year. Reading this book was so much fun, the characters were hysterical.
- Y.S. Lee, A Spy in the House: This Victorian spy novel did not disappoint, and I can’t wait to read some more by this author.
- Cat Winters, The Cure for Dreaming: This is another Victorian YA that I fell in love this year. I’m adding more books by this author to my TBR. 😀
- Sarah Addison Allen, Garden Spells: This book was such a surprise to me. I was not expecting to fall in love the characters in this book but I did, and then went on to read the sequel. Garden Spells is one book that I think you all need to read.
- Kimberly Karalius, Love Fortunes and Other Disasters: I had read some snippets from this author before, but this summer was the first time I had been able to read a full book. It was amazing! I need to read so much more by her.
- Neil Gaimen, The Graveyard Book: After reading this book I realized that I had read a Neil Gaimen book before, but it felt like the first time. 🙂
- Ally Carter, Heist Society: I had heard some mixed reviews about this book, but honestly really really liked it and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
- Catherynne M.Valente, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making: I adored this beautiful fairytale. Dragons, and libraries and just everything about it was so magical. Please find me more books by this lady! 🙂
So there we are. A list of my favorite new authors. Have you read any of these before? And if you’d like, put a link to your TTT post in the comments, I’d love to read it and comment. 🙂