My Myers Briggs personality is INFP, which basically means I’m an introvert who feels all the things. Today I wanted to talk about some of the downsides to being INFP.
1. I’m an emotional sponge: Some days I pick up other people’s feelings like I’m tape, which results in a feeling overloaded. I’m sometimes so aware of what others are feeling around me that I start feeling it too.
2. My feelings change rapidly: I go from boiling in anger to skipping with glee in a matter of seconds. This is sometimes confusing to people around me and makes me seem like a loon.
3. I’m a hopeless dreamer: Far fetched, idealistic (which is coupled with my undying pessimism) probably-will-never-happen-but-let-me-put-all-my -hopes-into-it dreamer.
4. I take criticism very very personally: Even if the person didn’t mean it negatively, I just feel everything so strongly. Which leads into number 5.
5. I get depressed: If something bad happens or I mess up, it sends me into depression. Everything’s my fault. I’m a fucking screw-up. I don’t deserve to be happy. These are all thoughts that go through my head.
6. My memory is a jerk: I remember everything negative that anyone has ever said to me. And then replay it over and over again to prove to myself I’m worthless.
7. Motivation isn’t my thing: It can be hard for me to be motivated to do something unless I feel 100% like I want to do it. This goes for writing, chores, anything. If I don’t have an emotional connection to it, then I can’t motivate myself.
8. I care too much: If I love you, I will love you to the end of the world and back. If I hate you, I will hate you just as long or longer. This can be good and bad. Mostly it just hurts.
9. I’m incredibly shy and socially awkward: This leads to a lot of people thinking that I hate them. I don’t. Usually .;) I just don’t know what to say or what to do. I’m sorry.
10. I often feel like no one will ever fully understand me: Which makes me lonely.
So there ya go. Don’t worry too much about all the negativity in this post. I promise I’ll be posting soon about all the things I love about being me. 🙂 What’s your Myers Briggs personality type?