My first post here talks about the negative side of being my personality type INFP. In this post I want to talk about everything I love about being an INFP. Hope you all enjoy! 🙂
1. Emotions are my thing. I’m really good at understanding other people’s emotions. I love this ability, I love people and their inner workings. Emotions are so cool to explore and try to understand.
2. I care a lot. Basically if I care about anything then I care for it 100%. I love that I can be so passionate about life.
3. I’m a dreamer. I excel at daydreams, I love dreaming of the future, I love dreaming of stories and in general dreams fill my life. My dreams may not be normal, but hey what’s the fun in dreaming of you can’t be a little eccentric too?
4. I find people fascinating. Everyone has a possibility and I’m in love with that fact. Give me a documentary on a historical figure, or when I can muster out my introvert soul a deep chat with a friend over tea. This is so satisfying!
5. I’m a really good listener. I don’t always know how to say what’s on my mind, but I do know how to be quiet and pay attention. I like making someone tea and rubbing their back or playing with their hair while they vent.
6. Optimism is the other half of my cynical brain. The world is messy but it’s also blindingly beautiful. Anything can happen.
7. Creativity is also my thing. INFP’s are usually people who seek creative outlets for all of our feelings. My outlet is typically writing, but lately I’ve been branching out to art, fashion and music. Like I said I can’t always express how I feel through speaking, and having so many emotions bottled up is bad for me. The easiest and most productive way to let things out is to transform it into creativity.
8. I believe very strongly. Because I care a lot I believe in what I believe with all my heart. I tend to throw myself into things completely.
9. I value having an open mind. I hate having people tell me what I think, and so this is my number 1 rule on how to treat people. Listen, don’t tell them what to do. I have my opinion and sometimes it differs from others but that’s ok.
10. I’m flexible and (usually) embrace change. Life and seasons change. Without change things would get dull very fast. I’m a big fan of impromptu road trips, blanket fort building or small gatherings of friends.
So I know it’s taken me forever to write this post, but here it finally is. What are something that you love about your Myers Briggs personality?