I had forgotten how much fun this post could be! I would have posted it yesterday, but I didn’t even think about it till after I had already posted my movie review. Oh well.
This blog meme was started by The Broke and Bookish. The idea for this week was to show books of the same genre that the reader has recently added to their TBR. But I don’t really add by genre? My tastes are varied and often random, as you’ll probably be able to tell in a minute. So I decided to just tell y’all about the most recent 10 books I’ve added on Goodreads.
1) Elektra, Vol 1: Bloodlines. In the past couple years I’ve gotten into comics, Image is currently my favorite publisher generally but I’m always looking for new and interesting ideas. I’m not a huge fan of superhero comics, they tend to be less well written, but the inside of Elektra looks beautiful! And I can never say no to pretty books.
2) My Soul To Lose. Someone on my goodreads feed (I can’t remember who now) was reading and loving a later book in this series. So I thought why not put it on my list? It’s fantasy and those tend to be fun books.
3) When Dimple Met Rishi. Everyone has been talking about how amazing this book is. And it honestly looks like it will be adorable.
4) Can We Be Good Without God? This book was mentioned in The God Delusion, a book that I just finished two days ago. It seemed interesting because it brings up a relevant question to my life right now.
5) The Sins of Scripture: Exposing the Bible’s Texts of Hate to Reveal the God of Love. This book was also mentioned in The God Delusion.
6) The Changing Faces of Jesus. The third and last book from The God Delusion. I’ve been doing a lot of studying lately, thus why this book interested me.
7) Oryx and Crake. I’ve always wanted to read more books by Margaret Atwood, so this one seemed interesting. Plus the cover is really cool!
8) Vanishing Point. A couple years back I read Wittgenstein’s Mistress by this same author. I loved that book and experimental novels are my thing. Thus this book got added to my list.
9) This Is Not A Novel. Added for the same reason as the previous book.
10) The You I’ve Never Known. This book was on a list of LGBTQA+ books and so obviously had to go in my list.
That’s all for now. What books have you added recently to your list? Would you read any of the books on mine?