I’ve been getting a few more followers in the last few months, so I decided to write a short intro post just to reacquaint myself and my blog to you all. Also because it seemed like it would be a fun thing to do. So first some facts about me, then some thoughts on this blog and why I writer it and last some links to my social media accounts.
- I’m 22 years old and I am the oldest in a family of 11 kids. Life was just a little crazy growing up. 😉
- I’m currently married and living with my partner Grant, who is also a writer and is going to get his masters in teaching. He’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me and I occasionally mention him on this blog. 😀
- I am bisexual and talk A LOT about queer issues, and LGBTQA+ books. I tend to get very opinionated about these things.
- My Myers Briggs personality type is INFP and it is me to a t.
- I’m a self-published author of short stories and poetry, and am also hoping to publish a novel soon. I’m hoping someday for this as well as my freelance editing to become my main source of income.
- Like I mentioned above I’m also an editor. I do some freelance work, and I also have an internship with an online publishing collective called Patchwork Press.
- I live with general anxiety and depression. I was seeing a therapist for these for awhile and I hope to be able to go back someday soon. I just have to work out insurance first. 😛 Mental illness is something I also talk about frequently.
- I live in the beautiful state of Oregon, about 2 hours from the snow and 2 hours from the sea. I love it here!
- I adore cats. I currently have one all black fur baby named Freya, and she’s hilarious and annoying all at once.
- My other big passion in life is films, I’ve been meaning to write more film reviews on this blog but haven’t yet got around to it. Hopefully this is something I can do in the near future. I really enjoy indie films, films by Wes Anderson and anything that’s quirky and whimsical.
This blog has gone through a lot of changes over the years, it’s currently around 4 years old? I think? Back then it didn’t have a much of a purpose, I just liked blogging about life and sometimes my writing. Now it’s focused almost completely on blog reviews, writing and somethings in my life. I try to post at least 4 book reviews a week, and then vary in everything else from there. My writing posts are often taken from my Patreon, because I share all my work to my supporters first. Currently I’m in the middle of writing a poetry collection and a queer horror retelling of Mary Poppins.
I self-publish a lot of my writing, I would like to continue to do this as well as get traditionally published. Most recently I put out a poetry collection titled A Mad Woman’s Voice, and it was centered around themes of finding my voice throughout life’s changes. Upcoming I’ll have a poem in a poetry collaboration titled On This Path We Travel, it’s a wonderful collection of feminist poetry and I’m so honored to be a part of it. I’m also constantly sending poetry to online magazines so you never know when I’ll have news of my work out in the wild, a good way to get notice of this is to join my group of patreon supporters.
Besides this blog I share my reviews on Goodreads and I’m trying to get better at posting them on Amazon as well. Like I’ve mentioned a couple of times, I share my writing on Patreon first and foremost, with a very few of those posts making it on to this blog as well. I can also be found on twitter and instagram.