Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog event hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Today’s topic is a Halloween freebie, so I should be writing about something that’s Halloween themed but I’m going to write about the 2018 Goodreads Choice Awards. Because I am so excited about them, as always. Here are some books that I hope to read from the list. Hope you enjoy!
1. Fiction – Girls Burn Brighter & The Overstory.
I decided to put these two books on hold because of their covers, which of course I’m a huge sucker for. I’m excited to read them, even though I haven’t heard much about them at all.
2. Mystery & Thriller – Sometimes I Lie & The Outsider.
I’m trying to get into more thriller books, and these ones seemed like stories I would enjoy. Plus I’m trying to read more books by Stephen King.
3. Historical Fiction – The Summer Wives & The Immortalists.
Sadly I’m not as excited about this category, I usually like historical fiction the most but this year the books seemed like books that are always in this genre. But I guess we’ll see.
4. Fantasy – Circe by Madeline Miller.
I was pleased to see that I had read a book in this category and without a doubt I think this book deserves the award.
5. Romance – The Wedding Date & The Kiss Quotient.
This is usually my least favorite category, we’ll see how it goes this year. Last year I found at least one book that surprised me with how much I liked it.
6. Science Fiction – The Oracle Year & Severance.
There looks like there’s a lot of great books in this category, so it was really hard for me to narrow it down to two books to try and read.
7. Horror – Baby Teeth & We Sold Our Souls.
This category also excited me. I’m trying to get into scarier books, as I’m trying to write my own creepy story.
8. Humor – The Last Black Unicorn & Everything’s Trash But It’s Okay.
This is also one of my least favorite categories, but this year there are several books by colored authors so I’m super excited to try out these two.
9. Non-Fiction – So You Want To Talk About Race & Fascism.
There were so many great books in this category, so it was also hard for me to narrow it down. Yet, I did manage to choose two books and request them.
10. Memoir & Autobiography – And Now We Have Everything & Small Fry.
I’m most excited about the first book of the two here, I am always interested in books about motherhood.
11. History & Biography – The Monk of Mokha & The Woman’s Hour.
Such a great category! I love history books and I hope to read many books on the list.
12. Science & Technology – Spying on Whales & The Space Barons.
Last year was the first year I really got into this category, I learned so much from the books I chose, so I’m super excited to try out these two!
13. Food & Cookbooks – Hippie Food & Vegan 100.
I’m always excited about cookbooks, though there didn’t seem to be many exciting ones this year.
14. Graphic Novels & Comics – Saga Vol 8.
No one is surprised by this at all. 😀 This is my choice and if it doesn’t win I’ll be very sad.
15. Poetry – the witch doesn’t burn in this one.
The books in this category are always the hardest for me to get from my library, so I just voted for this book since I enjoyed it. Hopefully it wins so I don’t have to scramble to find another book to read.
16. Debut Author – To Kill a Kingdom & The Poppy War.
I’ve heard a lot about both of these books so I’m excited for the excuse to read them.
17. Young Adult Fiction – Let’s Talk About Love.
This book is so adorable, and it more than deserves to win in this category.
18. Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction – Children of Blood and Bone.
I think there was a few other books in this category I could have chosen but I really liked the world in it so I voted for it.
19. Middle Grade & Children’s – The Burning Maze & Aru Sha and the End of Time.
Both of these books sound like a lot of fun!
20. Picture Books – We Don’t Eat Our Classmates & The Word Collector.
Picture books are always fun to read, but these two looked like the most fun.
Don’t forget to share your Top Ten Tuesday post with me! Are you participating in the Goodreads Choice Awards?