Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Today’s topic is about anticipated read for the first half of 2019. And I had such a hard time finding the books to add to this post, just because there are so many awesome books coming out these days. So here are just a few of the books I’m looking forward to.
1. Let’s Go Swimming by Natalie C. Anderson – Release Date Jan 15th
This book looks like it will be eyeopening and so worth reading, I’m not sure if excited is the right word for it but I am looking forward to reading this book.
2. The Music of What Happens by Bill Konigsberg – Release Date Jan 29th
This book looks like it will be cute af! I’m so excited that so many more LGBTQA+ books are coming out these days and I want to read every single one of them. 😀
3. Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard – Release Date Feb 12th
When this series started out I really really loved it, sadly the last few books have not been as good so I’m honestly kinda nervous to read this one.
4. On The Come Up by Angie Thomas – Release Date Feb 5th
Yay! Who else is super freaking excited for this book! Angie Thomas is an amazing writer and I can’t wait to get my hands on her next book.
5. Once & Future by by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy – Release Date March 5th
A gender-bent Arthur and Merlin retelling? Yes please! This sounds fantastic! I’ve always enjoyed the knights of the round table stories, and retellings are some of my favorite story ideas.
6. The Everlasting Rose by Dhonielle Clayton – Release Date March 5th
I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t really care for the first book in this series but it’s been long enough now that I’m just curious as to how the story ends!
7. The Raven’s Tale by Cat Winters – Release Date April 16th
I love Edgar Allen Poe’s writing, so reading a YA about him seems like it would a lot of fun. Plus I’ve enjoyed Cat Winter’s writing in the past.
8. Hold My Hand by Michael Barakiva – Release Date May 21st
Another cute gay story! I love it, I’m ready for it. Although where are the other queer stories? So far I’m just seeing a lot of the G and not much else.
9. With The Fire On High by Elizabeth Acevedo – Release Date May 7th
Teen mom plus a character that loves to cook seems like this book is going to be right up my alley! I haven’t liked Acevedo’s work previously but if this book is all prose and no poetry I think I will really love it.
10. Other Words For Home by Jasmine Warga – Release Date May 7th
This book looks heartwarming, heartbreaking and like it will be such a good read. Plus look at that awesome cover! It’s gorgeous!
What releases are you looking forward to this year? I’m always looking for more books to read. Be sure to leave a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so that I can check it out!