Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. And today’s topic is something completely unrelated to what I’m going to write about, the topic was just uninspiring to me so I decided to do something else. Today I’m going to talk about 10 of the most recent books I’ve added to my TBR. Hope you all enjoy!
1. Attack of the 50-Foot Wallflower – By Christian McKay Heidicker
I admit I added this book mostly because of the cover, though the story seems fairly interesting as well.
2. That Inevitable Victorian Thing – By E. K. Johnston
I added this book because it sounds like it has some polyam representation, and I need more of that in my life!
3. Tell Me How You Really Feel – By Aminah Mae Safi
Look at how cute this cover is!? Ugh I need to get my hands on it asap because it sounds and looks like the cutest thing ever.
4. Butch Heroes – By Ria Brodell
I really want to read this book because I need to read more books about queer history, and this sounded especially interesting.
5. The Gendered Brain – By Gina Rippon
This sounds like such an interesting book, and I’ve been trying to read lots more non-fiction lately.
6. Stonewall: The Riots That Sparked The Gay Revolution – By David Carter
Again, this book was added to my list because I’m trying to find more queer history books. If anyone has some recommendations, I would love to hear them!
7. King Lear – By Shakespeare
This is one of the few plays by Shakespeare that I haven’t read and I recently got it on audiobook from my library.
8. Anansi Boys – By Neil Gaiman
I’ve been a little obsessed with Gaiman’s work recently and this book is next on my list to read.
9. Psychedelic Prayers – By Timothy Leary
I heard of this book while I was reading Just Kids by Patti Smith, it seemed like an interesting idea.
10. She Has Her Mother’s Laugh – By Carl Zimmer
I actually have this book sitting next to my couch, waiting for me to read it. And I will soon, it sounds particularly interesting.
What have you added to your list most recently? Don’t forget to share your Top Ten Tuesday post with me!